Literally, Steph’s Apron is a Vera Bradley black and white paisley print that she often pairs with either pajama pants or fitness capris. In the blogosphere, “Steph’s Apron” is a cooking blog focused on light, fresh, and flavorful cuisine inspired from different cultures and diets/lifestyles, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan.
In 10 words or less, Steph’s Apron is fun with food while on a restricted diet.
What won’t you find on this blog?
- Red meat.
No cow, lamb, or pig (yes, I understand it’s supposedly the other white meat, but in my eyes it’s red).
- Milk or cream.
I stop short of saying “all dairy” because I cook with non-Fat Greek Yogurt as well as garnish with Locatelli Pecorino-Romano occassionally.
What will you find on this blog?
- Delicious, quick eats.
You won’t need to spend hours in the kitchen with fancy gadgets to re-create the recipes on this blog. Well, aside from a food processor. It’s a game changer.
- Light. Light. Light.
Very little oil, and even less butter.
- A trip around the world.
I’ve lived abroad and traveled internationally quite a bit for a young’in (military brat), and I embrace foods from other cultures.
Taking a cue from Oprah (because who doesn’t want to emulate Oprah?), here’s a list of Steph’s 10 Favorite Food Things. If you can’t rememeber them all, don’t worry. She’ll reference them throughout the blog when she’s not talking in the third person.
1. Greek food, particularly Tzatziki, Horiatiki Salata, and Dolmadakia
2. Gluten-Free Bisquick (it’s truly a miracle flour replacement)
3. Fresh guacamole with warm homemade tortilla chips
4. Kale, all kinds of ways
5. Trader Joe’s (who can argue with free samples, low food prices, and all natural products?)
6. Spicy sushi, preferably sans roe
7. A full-bodied glass of Cabernet Sauvignon or Pinot Noir
8. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives marathon
9. Smooth, natural peanut butter
10. Soup, even in the summer
Your thoughts and participation are welcome and encouraged on Steph’s Apron. Please feel free to leave comments, interact on Twitter (@StephsApron) or send an email to Stephs [dot] Apron [at] gmail [dot] com.
Look forward to sharing food love with you!